Security Firm Loses Appeal Over Liability In Shooting


 
Ja’afar Halid being led out of the Penang High Court in 2019. Looking on are Mohamad Amirul Amin Mohamed Amer, who was hurt, and his lawyer, K Simon Murali.GEORGE TOWN: The Court of Appeal today upheld a landmark High Court decision two years ago that a security company was responsible for a member of its staff who shot a cameraman and seven others on a highway in Penang in 2016.
A two-to-one majority decision by appellate judges Lau Bee Lan and Abu Bakar Jais via Zoom held that the appeal by the security company had no merits and that the Penang High Court decision was “factual and as per the law”.
Court of Appeal Judge Gunalan Muniandy, who sat with Lau and Abu, dissented in today’s decision.
In 2019, the High Court awarded RM114,470 in damages and costs to part-time RTM cameraman Mohamad Amirul Amin Mohamed Amer, 35.
He was one of eight people shot by bodyguard Ja’afar Halid along the Tun Dr Lim Chong Eu Expressway here on Dec 1, 2016. Three of the eight were killed.
Amirul filed a vicarious liability suit against Ja’afar and his employer, GMP Kaisar Security Sdn Bhd, on June 1, 2018, asking the court to hold the company responsible for Ja’afar’s actions.
High Court Judge Hadhariah Syed Ismail ruled in favour of Amirul, saying GMP should have known the foreseeable danger of an employee holding a firearm, especially as the weapon was owned by the company itself.
She said GMP had “clearly lost track” of Ja’afar despite standing orders by the home ministry that companies whose personnel were armed must constantly be monitored.
The appellate court today also ordered GMP to pay Amirul RM10,000 in costs.
Lawyers K Simon Murali and Kok Yuen Lin appeared for Amirul, while Mohamad Azam Rashid appeared for GMP.
Ja’afar Halid was sentenced to death by the High Court here last month after being found guilty on three counts of murder and the attempted murder of five others.
The court was told he shot dead his boss, Ong Teik Kwong, and fired at random at motorists and motorcyclists on the expressway near the Penang bridge in a six-hour stand-off. - FMT


Artikel ini hanyalah simpanan cache dari url asal penulis yang berkebarangkalian sudah terlalu lama atau sudah dibuang :

http://malaysiansmustknowthetruth.blogspot.com/2021/01/security-firm-loses-appeal-over.html

Kempen Promosi dan Iklan
Kami memerlukan jasa baik anda untuk menyokong kempen pengiklanan dalam website kami. Serba sedikit anda telah membantu kami untuk mengekalkan servis percuma aggregating ini kepada semua.

Anda juga boleh memberikan sumbangan anda kepada kami dengan menghubungi kami di sini
Shafee Abdullah S Appeal Over Affidavit Dismissed

Shafee Abdullah S Appeal Over Affidavit Dismissed

papar berkaitan - pada 21/1/2021 - jumlah : 195 hits
Muhammad Shafee Abdullah s opportunity to strike down an affidavit containing allegation the lawyer received RM9 5 million will now be before the Court of Appeal on March 5 This followed the Federal Court today dismissing his application fo...
Muda Goes To Court Over Registration As Political Party

Muda Goes To Court Over Registration As Political Party

papar berkaitan - pada 25/1/2021 - jumlah : 203 hits
The Malaysian United Democratic Alliance has gone to court to be registered as an official political party This followed on the heels of the Registrar of Societies Muda s registration application via email on Jan 6 In a separate email the R...
Don T Bicker Over Pm Post There S An Emergency Now Hadi

Don T Bicker Over Pm Post There S An Emergency Now Hadi

papar berkaitan - pada 25/1/2021 - jumlah : 248 hits
Disputing the post of prime minister when the country is in a state of emergency is something that should not be done said PAS president Abdul Hadi Awang Despite not mentioning names Hadi is believed to be referring to PKR president Anwar I...
Nazlan Will Preside Over Current Criminal Cases Till Completion

Nazlan Will Preside Over Current Criminal Cases Till Completion

papar berkaitan - pada 24/1/2021 - jumlah : 189 hits
High Court Judge Mohd Nazlan Mohd Ghazali will continue presiding over his current cases until they are settled said the Federal Court Chief Registrar s Office The office said this even if the cases continue beyond his transfer date which i...
Taman Desa Residents Cry Foul Over Association S Covid 19 Hotline Fear Patients Could Be Stigmatised

Taman Desa Residents Cry Foul Over Association S Covid 19 Hotline Fear Patients Could Be Stigmatised

papar berkaitan - pada 23/1/2021 - jumlah : 204 hits
The letter by the Taman Desa Residents Association was endorsed by the Brickfields police station and contained general guidelines but the section for Covid 19 persons under surveillance has led to concerns that it could be used to expose t...
Showbiz Personality Azwan Ali Hauled Up Over Video On Emergency

Showbiz Personality Azwan Ali Hauled Up Over Video On Emergency

papar berkaitan - pada 22/1/2021 - jumlah : 235 hits
Azwan Ali was alleged to have mocked the proclamation of a state of emergency KUALA LUMPUR Police are investigating a video clip in which showbusiness personality Azwan Ali was alleged to have mocked the proclamation of a state of emergency...
Teresa Dares Mic Mca To Have Sanusi Censured Over Thaipusam Holiday

Teresa Dares Mic Mca To Have Sanusi Censured Over Thaipusam Holiday

papar berkaitan - pada 25/1/2021 - jumlah : 275 hits
Teresa Kok says Perikatan Nasional leaders failure to criticise the Kedah menteri besar s actions is tantamount to supporting the menteri besar PETALING JAYA MIC and MCA should demand that the Perikatan Nasional presidential council censure...
Hacktivist Group Anonymous Malaysia Resurfaces Vows Cyber Attack Against Govt Over Data Breaches

Hacktivist Group Anonymous Malaysia Resurfaces Vows Cyber Attack Against Govt Over Data Breaches

papar berkaitan - pada 26/1/2021 - jumlah : 267 hits
The hacker group Anonymous Malaysia has resurfaced after a long absence Facebook screenshotKUALA LUMPUR Jan 25 Anonymous Malaysia a group of hacker activists or hacktivists has resurfaced after more than five years to pledge a concerted cyb...
Annuar Musa Consent Needed From Over Half Of Property Owners To Launch Urban Renewal Programme

Annuar Musa Consent Needed From Over Half Of Property Owners To Launch Urban Renewal Programme

papar berkaitan - pada 29/1/2021 - jumlah : 279 hits
KUALA LUMPUR Consent is needed from more than half of property owners living in housing areas that are identified for urban redevelopment for the project to take off under the Federal Territories Ministry s Urban Renewal programme says Tan ...
Anwar Convenes Urgent Cabinet Meeting To Tackle Us Tariff Fallout

Tragedi Letupan Challenger Milik Nasa

Mesyuarat Khas Menteri Ekonomi Asean Bincang Implikasi Tarif As

Kes Culik Polis Lepas Tembakan Untuk Selamatkan Mangsa

Lagoon Villa Abidjan By Saota Where Modernism Embraces Nature

Putrajaya Nafikan Tuduhan Tarif 47 Ke Atas Import Dari As

50 000 Jobs Could Be Lost Says Business Chamber

Tukar Lagu Negaraku Ke Bahasa Cina Kalau Buka Telinga Tu Luas Luas Dan Ada Peng


echo '';
Info Dan Sinopsis Drama Berepisod Dendam Seorang Madu Slot Tiara Astro Prima

10 Fakta Biodata Amira Othman Yang Digosip Dengan Fattah Amin Penyanyi Lagu Bila Nak Kahwin

5 Tips Macam Mana Nak Ajak Orang Kita Suka Dating Dengan Kita

Info Dan Sinopsis Drama Berepisod Keluarga Itu Slot Lestary TV3

Bolehkah Manusia Transgender Mencapai Klimaks Selepas Bertukar


Ppim Gesa Siasatan Tindakan Tegas Elak Kebakaran Berulang Malaysia Tribune 03 04 2025

10 Water Jet Terbaik Kuat Tahan Lasak Di Malaysia

Berzodiak Aries 5 Artis Ini Buktikan Lahir Untuk Bersinar

Epic Universe Is Coming Here S A Sneak Peek

Menu Lunch Hari Ini

Kalahkan The Glory Squid Game When Life Gives You Tangerines Cipta Rekod Bersejarah Buat Netflix