Kl Tower Management Grateful Eviction Averted
Hydroshoppe Sdn Bhd, which owns Kuala Lumpur Tower concessionaire Menara Kuala Lumpur Sdn Bhd (MKLSB), has expressed gratitude for not being evicted.
In a press conference tonight, Hydroshoppe managing director Abdul Hamid Shaikh Abdul Razak Shaikh (above, holding press release) said this was due to the media exposure received after an earlier announcement by the company.
“Today, we not only fight for our rights, but also the rights of all Bumiputera entrepreneurs who are often neglected on our own land,” he said at a press conference tonight at the main entrance to the iconic landmark.
He declined to take reporters’ questions, citing legal advice.
He also did not explain why the company believed it was going to be evicted by the Kuala Lumpur City Hall and the police tonight, despite a public holiday and ongoing court proceedings.
Earlier Hydroshoppe and its subsidiary Menara Kuala Lumpur Sdn Bhd (MKLSB) expressed concern that the police and DBKL would evict them at midnight, calling it an "abuse of power" and an affront to the court’s authority.
New concessionaire appointed
Hydroshoppe via its subsidiary MKLSB were engaged to operate the iconic landmark in 2022 but claimed the government had unlawfully terminated the agreement in November 2022.
The government awarded the concession to LSH Service Master Sdn Bhd (LSHSM) in May last year, which is a joint-venture vehicle between two companies LSH Best Builders Sdn Bhd and Service Master (M) Sdn Bhd.
Hydroshoppe and MKLSB had sued the government and the new concessionaire for RM1 billion and sought a court declaration that the 2022 agreement is still valid and binding.
It also wants the court to affirm that they are still entitled to a 30-year concession from Dec 31, 2022, and the government had committed a breach of trust by awarding it to another entity.
‘We operated KL Tower from the beginning’
At the press conference, Abdul Hamid claimed that the Public-Private Partnership Unit (UKAS) at the Prime Minister’s Department, Communications Ministry, and the Malaysian government had agreed to award Hydroshoppe and MKLSB a 15-year concession starting Dec 31, 2024.
In addition, UKAS, the Communications Ministry, the government, Hydroshoppe, and MKLSB purportedly agreed to extend the agreement to 30 years until Dec 31, 2054.
“This is proof that we obtained this management right legitimately, without any doubt or misappropriation. We have followed all conditions and performed our duties diligently.
“Accusations that we are inexperienced and are a new company is slanderous because MKLSB has managed KL Tower since it was built more than 30 years ago,” Abdul Hamid said. - Mkini
Artikel ini hanyalah simpanan cache dari url asal penulis yang berkebarangkalian sudah terlalu lama atau sudah dibuang :
http://malaysiansmustknowthetruth.blogspot.com/2025/04/kl-tower-management-grateful-eviction.html