I Can Work With Najib But He Must Condemn 1mdb Scandal
The MACC has detained around 40 people as part of ongoing investigations code-named Ops Hire, which is believed to involve the Human Resources Ministry and the Social Security Organisation (Socso), sources said.
It is unclear if any staff members have been detained.
On July 15, MACC reportedly remanded 37 individuals to assist in investigations into allegations of false claims and misappropriation of the Employment Recruitment Incentives Programme (PenjanaKerjaya) funds amounting to RM100 million.
The investigations are being conducted in collaboration with Socso and the suspects comprise company owners, directors, managers, shareholders, engineers and executives.
Yesterday, MIC deputy president M Saravanan did not rule out the possibility that several individuals from MIC were involved in the PenjanaKerjaya scandal.
Human Resources Minister M SaravananThe human resources minister was quoted as saying by The Star that although he did not have any information on the matter, he could not deny that some party members could be involved.
According to the daily, Saravanan had claimed that the involvement of the individuals was not related to the party adding that he would not compromise with anyone involved in criminal activities.
He said this in response to questions over claims that MACC had detained some MIC leaders last week over the scandal.
Since the start of Ops Hire which began on July 13, individuals had been remanded in Putrajaya, Selangor, Johor, Kedah, Pahang, Perak, Penang, Malacca, Perlis, Kuala Lumpur and Negeri Sembilan.
According to a source, 67 companies had been investigated and 36 accounts with a total value of more than RM7 million have been frozen.
A chief clerk who worked in a government department was among those who were arrested at the Johor MACC office.- Mkini
Artikel ini hanyalah simpanan cache dari url asal penulis yang berkebarangkalian sudah terlalu lama atau sudah dibuang :