Why Only Umno Youth For 5g Special Briefing Bersatu Man Asks Annuar
Wan Ahmad Fayhsal Wan Ahmad Kamal (left) reminded Annuar Musa that all parties need to be enlightened on this major telecommunications project.PETALING JAYA: Bersatu Youth chief Wan Ahmad Fayhsal Wan Ahmad Kamal has questioned the special briefing organised for Umno Youth on the implementation of the 5G network by Digital Nasional Bhd.
Wan Fayhsal said communications and multimedia minister Annuar Musa should extend an invitation to the youth wings of other parties as well.
“Why should the briefing be special?” he told FMT. Annuar should invite the youth wings of all parties if he truly wishes to enlighten everyone, he said.
Annuar had said earlier today that he had asked the finance ministry, Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission, and DNB to provide a briefing on the project to representatives of Umno Youth on Friday.
Ads by KioskedHe would also extend an invitation to Wanita Umno and Puteri leaders, adding that it was crucial that the youth and party leaders receive an explanation and latest information on the 5G rollout.
PKR communications director Fahmi Fadzil said Annuar and DNB should brief MPs once more before Parliament reconvenes next month.
He said the last briefing MPs received was in December and a lot had happened since then. “Some of the information communicated publicly on 5G and DNB is unclear and potentially alarming,” he said.
Umno Youth submitted a memorandum last week to deputy minister Zahidi Zainul Abidin which called for a thorough investigation by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission on matters relating to the project.
Annuar said today he had sent a copy of the memorandum to the finance ministry as most of the matters raised in the memorandum were not under his ministry’s purview.
He added that several matters raised in the memorandum were based on inaccurate and out-of-date information.
Ads by KioskedDNB is a government-owned company appointed to deploy the 5G infrastructure and network nationwide. After protests by telecommunications companies, the government agreed to allow them to share a 70% stake in DNB. They have until June 30 to accept the offer. - FMT
Artikel ini hanyalah simpanan cache dari url asal penulis yang berkebarangkalian sudah terlalu lama atau sudah dibuang :