Singapore Gets First Guilty Plea In S 8bil Penny Stock Scheme



(Bloomberg) – Singapore has obtained its first guilty plea from a person accused of involvement in the October 2013 penny-stock rout, which the prosecutor called the “most audacious, extensive and injurious market manipulation scheme ever in Singapore.”
Goh Hin Calm has pleaded guilty to two of six charges under Securities and Futures Act, Deputy Public Prosecutor Nicholas Tan said in court Wednesday. Goh helped two others in perpetuating the scheme, according to the prosecutor’s statement.
The charges are part of a probe into suspected stock-trading irregularities related to Blumont Group Ltd, LionGold Corp and Asiasons Capital Ltd, which has been renamed Attilan Group Ltd. The stocks surged by at least 800% in the nine months before their shares plunged over three days in October 2013, spurring brokers to clamp down on margin lending and denting trading sentiment.
The rout has been given as a reason for falling trading volumes in the city.

Singapore has also charged Malaysian businessman John Soh Chee Wen as well as Quah Su-ling, former chief executive officer of Ipco International Ltd, for orchestrating the fraud. Goh, who was Ipco interim CEO, was named as a key accomplice.
The crash wiped S$8bil off the value of shares of three companies in October 2013. For his part, Soh said in a 2016 interview that the crash in the shares of the mining companies was due to a “collection of ad hoc events” triggered by an unexplained phenomenon.
Goh understood the nature and scale of what Soh and Quah were doing, from his role in arranging payments, according to the prosecutor. Soh and Quah controlled more than 40 accounts as part of their scheme, which were used to conduct short-term contra trading. This number was only a subset of the total number of accounts that Soh and Quah controlled as part of their scheme, the prosecutor said.
Through the controlled accounts, Soh and Quah dominated the trading activity in the market for Blumont, Asiasons and LionGold shares, according to the prosecutor’s statement.
From Jan 2, 2013 to Oct 3, 2013, for example, Soh and Quah were responsible for carrying out trades in about 1.1 billion Blumont shares, accounting for 60% of the total traded volume for the entire market in Blumont shares. They were responsible for trades in Blumont on 189 out of 190 trading days during this period.
Soh and Quah created a false appearance of supply, demand, trading volume, liquidity, active trading and price in the market for shares in Blumont, Asiasons and LionGold, the prosecutor said.
The three companies have said they don’t know what caused the sudden declines. Banks and brokers have sued their clients and others to recover at least US$230mil from the stock rout.
 


Artikel ini hanyalah simpanan cache dari url asal penulis yang berkebarangkalian sudah terlalu lama atau sudah dibuang :

https://www.malaysia-today.net/2019/03/21/singapore-gets-first-guilty-plea-in-s8bil-penny-stock-scheme/

Kempen Promosi dan Iklan
Kami memerlukan jasa baik anda untuk menyokong kempen pengiklanan dalam website kami. Serba sedikit anda telah membantu kami untuk mengekalkan servis percuma aggregating ini kepada semua.

Anda juga boleh memberikan sumbangan anda kepada kami dengan menghubungi kami di sini
Singapore Gets Rm2 4 Billion Worth Of Water Subsidy From Malaysia Since 1962

Singapore Gets Rm2 4 Billion Worth Of Water Subsidy From Malaysia Since 1962

papar berkaitan - pada 13/3/2019 - jumlah : 394 hits
Bernama Based on the selling price of water to Singapore under the 1962 agreement the island city state can be said to have so far received at least RM2 4 billion or RM42 million a year or about RM100 000 a day worth of water subsidy from M...
First Eac Meeting Gets Underway

First Eac Meeting Gets Underway

papar berkaitan - pada 21/3/2019 - jumlah : 327 hits
The first meeting of the Economic Action Council chaired by Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad started at 6pm at Perdana Putra in Putrajaya today The meeting is to deliberate on three working papers two of which are on efforts to address th...
Man Charged With Insulting Hinduism Changes Plea To Not Guilty

Man Charged With Insulting Hinduism Changes Plea To Not Guilty

papar berkaitan - pada 19/3/2019 - jumlah : 247 hits
A former photographer of a production company who previously pleaded guilty to two counts of insulting Hinduism on his Facebook page changed his plea to not guilty in the Kuala Lumpur Sessions Court today Judge Zamri Bakar reprimanded Zamri...
Terengganu Dengue Cases Jump More Than 600 In First Two Months Of 2019

Terengganu Dengue Cases Jump More Than 600 In First Two Months Of 2019

papar berkaitan - pada 10/3/2019 - jumlah : 270 hits
KUALA TERENGGANU The Terengganu Health Department has recorded 204 dengue cases from Jan 1 to March 2 this year a 628 6 rise compared to just 28 cases during the same period last year State Health director Dr Mohd Jusoh said Kuala Terenggan...
Insulting Islam Heavy Sentence For First Timers Excessive Says Ex Mufti

Insulting Islam Heavy Sentence For First Timers Excessive Says Ex Mufti

papar berkaitan - pada 11/3/2019 - jumlah : 308 hits
The 10 year sentence imposed on a first time offender who insulted Prophet Muhammad is excessive said former Terengganu mufti Ismail Yahya The Star today reported Ismail s reaction towards the case of 22 year old Alister Cogia from Sarawak ...
First Time Bina Pc Sendiri

First Time Bina Pc Sendiri

papar berkaitan - pada 11/3/2019 - jumlah : 411 hits
Selepas 2 bulan mendiamkan diri akhirnya hari ni teman berminat untuk menghasilkan satu post Blog ni dah The post appeared first on
Bung Suggests Total Import Ban On Cigarettes Make Malaysia World S First Smoke Free Country

Bung Suggests Total Import Ban On Cigarettes Make Malaysia World S First Smoke Free Country

papar berkaitan - pada 12/3/2019 - jumlah : 266 hits
KUALA LUMPUR Not content with the smoking ban at all eateries and restaurants a lawmaker suggested in Parliament that the country stops importing cigarettes to stub out smoking altogether In light of the government s efforts to ensure non s...
Berkas Belum Lengkap Sidang Gugatan Korban First Travel Ditunda

Berkas Belum Lengkap Sidang Gugatan Korban First Travel Ditunda

papar berkaitan - pada 21/3/2019 - jumlah : 253 hits
Pengadilan Negeri Depok menunda sidang gugatan korban First Travel Alasannya karena pihak pengadilan menganggap Kejaksaan belum melengkapi berkas perkara gugatan Sidang akan dilanjutkan Rabu
First Day School

First Day School

papar berkaitan - pada 20/3/2019 - jumlah : 347 hits
Assalamualaikum Salam SejahteraHappy New year 2019 kenangan paling indah permulaan tahun baru alhamdulillah My Hero Muhamad Shaqeel Firhan dah start sekolah dah besar anak mok ni 5 tahun dah hero mok sorang ni aku pilih sekolah PasTi untuk ...
Anwar Convenes Urgent Cabinet Meeting To Tackle Us Tariff Fallout

Tragedi Letupan Challenger Milik Nasa

Mesyuarat Khas Menteri Ekonomi Asean Bincang Implikasi Tarif As

Kes Culik Polis Lepas Tembakan Untuk Selamatkan Mangsa

Berpesak Berkekek

Lagoon Villa Abidjan By Saota Where Modernism Embraces Nature

Putrajaya Nafikan Tuduhan Tarif 47 Ke Atas Import Dari As

50 000 Jobs Could Be Lost Says Business Chamber


echo '';
Info Dan Sinopsis Drama Berepisod Dendam Seorang Madu Slot Tiara Astro Prima

10 Fakta Biodata Amira Othman Yang Digosip Dengan Fattah Amin Penyanyi Lagu Bila Nak Kahwin

5 Tips Macam Mana Nak Ajak Orang Kita Suka Dating Dengan Kita

Info Dan Sinopsis Drama Berepisod Keluarga Itu Slot Lestary TV3

Bolehkah Manusia Transgender Mencapai Klimaks Selepas Bertukar


Ppim Gesa Siasatan Tindakan Tegas Elak Kebakaran Berulang Malaysia Tribune 03 04 2025

10 Water Jet Terbaik Kuat Tahan Lasak Di Malaysia

Berzodiak Aries 5 Artis Ini Buktikan Lahir Untuk Bersinar

Epic Universe Is Coming Here S A Sneak Peek

Menu Lunch Hari Ini

Kalahkan The Glory Squid Game When Life Gives You Tangerines Cipta Rekod Bersejarah Buat Netflix