No Need To Set Up Rci To Probe Baling Floods Takiyuddin


 


There is no need to set up a royal commission of inquiry (RCI) to identify the cause of the floods and water surge phenomenon that affected several villages in the district on Monday, said Energy and Natural Resources Minister Takiyuddin Hassan.
He said various relevant technical departments are investigating and will find the cause of the tragedy.
“I believe that the relevant departments are conducting an investigation in the area. If it is related to vegetation replanting, it is under the Forestry Department. We leave this to those departments to investigate.
“Hence, there is no need for an RCI and so on; our department also has its own capabilities and expertise,” Takiyuddin (above) said in a press conference, after visiting three temporary evacuation centres and visiting flood-affected areas today.
He was asked to comment on the proposal by the non-governmental organisation, Sahabat Alam Malaysia (SAM), for the Kedah government to set up a commission to identify the cause of the flood tragedy in Baling on Monday and in Gunung Jerai, Yan, which occurred last year.
Takiyuddin said his ministry expected the investigation into the incident in Baling to be completed in the near future as it did not involve a large area.
He said the Minerals and Geosciences Department, together with the Survey and Mapping Department, would conduct an investigation and recommend appropriate action.
“Similar to what we did in Gunung Jerai, Minerals and Geosciences Department does a lot of investigations related to the strengthening of risky slope areas, and many technical suggestions will be given by the department to other departments, including the Public Works Department and so on,” he said.
Meanwhile, Takiyuddin also refuted claims that the relevant departments were slow to identify areas at risk before the tragedy occurred.
He said that the government and relevant departments gave priority and took action in areas that had been identified as high risk for disasters.
“This area, for example, for 70 years to 100 years no such incident occurred; only small floods perhaps but never severe disasters. Hence, when it occurred we take action to prevent it from recurring,” he said.
He added that the Gunung Inas was also not listed as an area at risk of disaster before Monday's tragedy.
- Bernama


Artikel ini hanyalah simpanan cache dari url asal penulis yang berkebarangkalian sudah terlalu lama atau sudah dibuang :

http://malaysiansmustknowthetruth.blogspot.com/2022/07/no-need-to-set-up-rci-to-probe-baling.html

Kempen Promosi dan Iklan
Kami memerlukan jasa baik anda untuk menyokong kempen pengiklanan dalam website kami. Serba sedikit anda telah membantu kami untuk mengekalkan servis percuma aggregating ini kepada semua.

Anda juga boleh memberikan sumbangan anda kepada kami dengan menghubungi kami di sini
Baling Floods No Active Logging Activity In Gunung Inas Forest Reserve Area Says Takiyuddin

Baling Floods No Active Logging Activity In Gunung Inas Forest Reserve Area Says Takiyuddin

papar berkaitan - pada 5/7/2022 - jumlah : 291 hits
KUALA LUMPUR No active logging activity has been reported in the Gunung Inas Forest Reserve area that could have resulted in a headwater phenomenon and flash floods in Baling yesterday said Datuk Seri Takiyuddin Hassan The Energy and Natura...
Ramkarpal Submits Motions On Baling Floods Petronas Assets Seizure

Ramkarpal Submits Motions On Baling Floods Petronas Assets Seizure

papar berkaitan - pada 14/7/2022 - jumlah : 240 hits
Bukit Gelugor MP Ramkarpal Singh submitted the two motions to Dewan Rakyat Speaker Azhar Harun for the issues to be discussed at the next parliamentary sitting PETALING JAYA Bukit Gelugor MP Ramkarpal Singh has submitted motions for the rec...
Baling Floods Lawyer Group Warns Kedah Govt Of Looming Legal Challenges

Baling Floods Lawyer Group Warns Kedah Govt Of Looming Legal Challenges

papar berkaitan - pada 7/7/2022 - jumlah : 230 hits
Lawyers for Environmental Rights said there would be looming legal challenges against the Kedah state government following the Baling floods which have recorded three deaths so far The group believes that the floods that occurred three days...
Worst Ever Floods In Villages Near Baling As Strong Currents Wash Down Mud Debris Nsttv

Worst Ever Floods In Villages Near Baling As Strong Currents Wash Down Mud Debris Nsttv

papar berkaitan - pada 5/7/2022 - jumlah : 324 hits
BALING A resident in Kupang near here described today s floods as the worst in memory as strong currents carried mud debris and uprooted trees from a nearby hill into at least two villages Johari Abdul Latif 50 from Kampung Telok Durian sai...
Baling Floods Rural Development Ministry To Build Temporary Bridge In Kg Iboi

Baling Floods Rural Development Ministry To Build Temporary Bridge In Kg Iboi

papar berkaitan - pada 6/7/2022 - jumlah : 281 hits
An aerial view of the floods in Baling Kedah on July 5 2022 BernamaBALING The Rural Development Ministry will build a temporary bridge after the existing Lata Celak bridge in Kampung Iboi here collapsed when floods hit the district on Monda...
In God S Truth What Caused Baling S Deadly Floods

In God S Truth What Caused Baling S Deadly Floods

papar berkaitan - pada 9/7/2022 - jumlah : 224 hits
What s happened to our senior PAS politicians Have they suddenly seen the light or gone through some form of religious conversion In the past when heavy rain caused flash floods and triggered land and mudslides Malaysians would react angril...
Declare Floods In Baling As Emergency Says Kedah Mb

Declare Floods In Baling As Emergency Says Kedah Mb

papar berkaitan - pada 5/7/2022 - jumlah : 358 hits
Flood victims evacuated from a kampung in Kupang Baling last night Three members of a family are missing after their house was swept away BALING Kedah menteri besar Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor wants the villages affected by floods in Baling to b...
Baling Floods Musang King Planting Project In Gunung Inas Must Be Stopped Says Mp

Baling Floods Musang King Planting Project In Gunung Inas Must Be Stopped Says Mp

papar berkaitan - pada 5/7/2022 - jumlah : 250 hits
Baling MP Datuk Seri Abdul Azeez Abdul Rahim said he had previously submitted a memorandum objecting to the Musang King durian planting project in Gunung Inas to Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Muhammad Sanusi Md Nor Bernama photo BALING The Musang...
Rush For Bottled Water In Penang As Taps Dry Up After Kedah Floods

Rush For Bottled Water In Penang As Taps Dry Up After Kedah Floods

papar berkaitan - pada 7/7/2022 - jumlah : 414 hits
A woman walks past empty shelves previously stacked with bottled water at Lotus s Jelutong Penang GEORGE TOWN Residents in Penang are storing water and rushing to buy bottled water at supermarkets in anticipation of a possible supply disrup...
Kanak Kanak Jatuh Longkang Rakam Sebagai Bukti Bukan Untuk Tular

Concrete And Stone Villa In Crete By Sigurd Larsen

Mayat Ratu Cantik Myanmar Ditemukan Di Bawah Runtuhan Kondominium

20km Congestion On Karak Kl Highway As Raya Travellers Return To City

Kerajaan Nak Pecahkan Monopolis Petronas Dan Gas Malaysia Berhad Kenyataan D

Five Days After Putra Heights Inferno Some Residents Seek Answers And Support

Ragam Itu Ini Ada Sajalah

Severance Apple Tv Exploring Duality And Identity


echo '';
Info Dan Sinopsis Drama Berepisod Dendam Seorang Madu Slot Tiara Astro Prima

10 Fakta Biodata Amira Othman Yang Digosip Dengan Fattah Amin Penyanyi Lagu Bila Nak Kahwin

5 Tips Macam Mana Nak Ajak Orang Kita Suka Dating Dengan Kita

Info Dan Sinopsis Drama Berepisod Keluarga Itu Slot Lestary TV3

Bolehkah Manusia Transgender Mencapai Klimaks Selepas Bertukar


Pimpinku Ke Jannah

Jamal Harap Sri Pahang Fc Terus Kekal Beraksi Dalam Saingan Liga Malaysia Pada Musim Depan

7 Tempat Simpan Duit Raya Anak Yang Terbaik

Demonstrasi Tolak Pentadbiran Trump Bermula Di Seluruh Wilayah Amerika Syarikat

Waspadai 5 Tanda Mental Load Pada Istri Karena Bisa Berdampak Fatal Bagi Keluarga

7 Raya