Court No To Najib S Bid For Documents Linked To Zeti S Family Jho Low



(FMT) – The High Court has turned down former prime minister Najib Razak’s bid to obtain documents related to companies controlled by Zeti Akhtar Aziz’s family and fugitive businessman Low Taek Jho for his 1MDB trial.
Judge Collin Lawrence Sequerah said the application to obtain the documents was premature.
“I do not see how the bank documents, related to the funds her (Zeti’s) family received, are relevant to the defence’s advance,” he said this morning.
Sequerah said the documents sought by Najib to question Zeti’s credibility as then Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) governor “amount to a collateral attack”.
“Counsel can confront her (Zeti) when she is called to the witness stand later,” he said.
The court also turned down Najib’s other application to obtain former Goldman Sachs banker Tim Leissner’s mobile phone records, saying the prosecution had made it clear it did not have the documents in its possession.
“The prayers in the notice of motion to obtain the phone records are not capable of enforcement.
“It is in evidence that the phone records that the accused (Najib) is seeking for are not part of the prosecution’s case against him and thus the prosecution is not obliged to furnish these documents, which are not part of their case, to the defence,” Sequerah said.
On Najib’s attempt to secure a copy of the settlement agreement between the government and Goldman Sachs, he said the information sought by the defence was not specified.
Putrajaya reached a settlement with Goldman Sachs in July last year that would see the country getting back US$3.9 billion (RM16.63 billion).
“This amounts to a ‘fishing expedition’ which is not allowed under the law,” the judge said.
Najib is standing trial on 25 charges for abuse of power and money laundering over alleged 1MDB funds amounting to RM2.28 billion deposited into his AmBank accounts between February 2011 and December 2014.
The trial will resume on Aug 17.
 


Artikel ini hanyalah simpanan cache dari url asal penulis yang berkebarangkalian sudah terlalu lama atau sudah dibuang :

https://www.malaysia-today.net/2021/07/12/court-no-to-najibs-bid-for-documents-linked-to-zetis-family-jho-low/

Kempen Promosi dan Iklan
Kami memerlukan jasa baik anda untuk menyokong kempen pengiklanan dalam website kami. Serba sedikit anda telah membantu kami untuk mengekalkan servis percuma aggregating ini kepada semua.

Anda juga boleh memberikan sumbangan anda kepada kami dengan menghubungi kami di sini
1mdb Amends Suit Seeks Us 3 8bil Now From Jho Low Family

1mdb Amends Suit Seeks Us 3 8bil Now From Jho Low Family

papar berkaitan - pada 15/7/2021 - jumlah : 47 hits
Government linked company 1Malaysia Development Bhd and its subsidiaries have revised their claim to seek higher damages from fugitive businessman Low Taek Jho his two siblings parents and an associate Eric Tan In their amended writ and sta...
Important Qualities To Look For In A Single Family Home

Important Qualities To Look For In A Single Family Home

papar berkaitan - pada 10/7/2021 - jumlah : 103 hits
Purchasing your first family home can be a transformative experience For many homeowners receiving the keys to their first house represents a huge step on the path to adulthood Of course this isn t to say The post appeared first on
Family Seeks Answers After Father Admitted For Operation Dies From Covid 19

Family Seeks Answers After Father Admitted For Operation Dies From Covid 19

papar berkaitan - pada 16/7/2021 - jumlah : 91 hits
The family of a researcher has issued a letter of demand to a public hospital seeking clarity from the management as to why the father who was admitted for a tumour removal operation ended up dying from Covid 19 The family s lawyer Wan Azmi...
Give Parliament More Time For Life And Death Crisis Says Najib

Give Parliament More Time For Life And Death Crisis Says Najib

papar berkaitan - pada 6/7/2021 - jumlah : 124 hits
Former prime minister Najib Razak in a contemplative mood last week as July began PETALING JAYA The special Dewan Rakyat sitting later this month should be held for longer than five days as the Covid 19 pandemic has left the country staring...
Court Sets July 22 For Hearing Of Shafee S Money Laundering Case

Court Sets July 22 For Hearing Of Shafee S Money Laundering Case

papar berkaitan - pada 1/7/2021 - jumlah : 58 hits
The hearing of lawyer Tan Sri Muhammad Shafee Abdullah s money laundering charges involving RM9 5 million he allegedly received from former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak and for making false statements to the Inland Revenue Board wi...
Convert Hotels Into Low Risk Quarantine Centres For Covid 19 Patients

Convert Hotels Into Low Risk Quarantine Centres For Covid 19 Patients

papar berkaitan - pada 14/7/2021 - jumlah : 124 hits
MP SPEAKS Yesterday the number of Covid 19 positive cases in the country reached a daily record high of 11 079 Social media has also been inundated with pictures of overcrowded hospitals quarantine centres as well as Covid 19 Assessment Cen...
Have Appointments For Covid 19 Assessment Najib Tells Govt

Have Appointments For Covid 19 Assessment Najib Tells Govt

papar berkaitan - pada 17/7/2021 - jumlah : 74 hits
Najib Razak said residents will feel angry if Covid 19 patients heading to CACs keep lining up outside their homes as the health ministry has said the new variant is airborne and can infect people in just 15 seconds KOTA KINABALU Former pri...
Umno Agreed To Form Perikatan Govt For Just One Year Says Najib

Umno Agreed To Form Perikatan Govt For Just One Year Says Najib

papar berkaitan - pada 10/7/2021 - jumlah : 81 hits
Following last year s political instability Umno only agreed to form a temporary government with Bersatu on the condition that the general election be held within a year says Najib Razak The former prime minister said this came after their ...
Despite Reduced Fine Eatery Owner Goes To Court Over 4km Trip For Provisions

Despite Reduced Fine Eatery Owner Goes To Court Over 4km Trip For Provisions

papar berkaitan - pada 6/7/2021 - jumlah : 128 hits
Restaurant owner Shankar Santhiram said his two workers on a grocery run were unaware of the lockdown in Kayu Ara which is part of Petaling district and that there were no roadblocks along the way PETALING JAYA An owner of a restaurant in K...
Terkini Dua Lagi Pekerja Dari Kilang Sama Mninggai Dunla Sudah 18 0rang Jumlahnya

Ada Orang D3ngki Dekat Mu Setengah Tahun Adik Mer4cau Rupa Rupanya Ada Orang T4nam Patung Hitam Dekat Rumah

Katanya Tersohor Di Seluruh Kelantan Kelibat Sosok Putih 3 Beranak Didakwa Di Jalan Gua Musang Berjaya Dirakam

Larangan Jangan Bernikah Dengan 6 Jenis Perempuan

Akaun Octosavers Cara Buka Akaun Simpanan Cimb Secara Online

Penangguhan Bayaran Balik Pinjaman Ypj Untuk 3 Bulan

Resepi Kerabu Tomato Berdaging

Main Teka Teka Berdebar Nak Bezakan Anak Kembar Sebab Sama Sangat Zizie Izette Akui Keliru Tertukar



Kenapa Orang Vietnam Majoritinya Bernama Nguyen

Kemurungan Selepas Olimpik 2008 Muncul Juara 10 Tahun Kemudian Flora Duffy

Senarai Pingat Sukan Olimpik Yang Pernah Dimenangi Malaysia

Biodata Ideen Azman Peserta Finalis Hero Remaja 2021

Benarkah Kepintaran Bekas Pesakit Covid 19 Akan Menurun


Optom Eyecare Cermin Mata Kanak Kanak Yang Tahan Lasak

Ketahui Punca Kualiti Sperma Boleh Rosak Jika Salah Cara Menggunakan Wifi Komputer Riba

Lirik Salahkah Mencintaimu Debby Ananta

Lirik Cinta Lewat Maya Thomas Arya

Ph Ada Lebih 107 Sokongan Kerajaan Pn Jatuh

Mahiaddin Jangan Jadi Pengecut Gantung Parlimen