Saudi Crown Prince Approved Intervention Against Dissidents Nyt



More than a year before the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, Saudi Arabia’s powerful Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman approved a secret campaign to silence dissenters, The New York Times reported on Sunday.
(NST) – The campaign included surveillance, kidnapping, detention and torture of Saudis, said the report which cited US officials who have read classified intelligence reports about the effort.
American officials referred to it as the Saudi Rapid Intervention Group, the Times said.
At least some of the clandestine missions were carried out by members of the team that killed and dismembered Khashoggi in October at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, suggesting his murder was part of a wider campaign against dissidents, the report said, citing the US officials and associates of some Saudi victims.
The murder of Khashoggi, a Washington Post contributing columnist, generated global outrage including an order from US senators for President Donald Trump to designate and punish those responsible.
He did not comply.
The senators, briefed by the heads of US intelligence agencies, said they were convinced that Prince Mohammed was responsible for the Khashoggi killing.
Saudi Arabia has stressed the prince was not involved.
The kingdom initially said it had no knowledge of Khashoggi’s fate but later blamed rogue agents for his death.
Saudi Arabia’s public prosecutor has charged 11 people over his murder.
Among its activities, the Rapid Intervention Group appears to have been involved in the detention and abuse of prominent women’s rights activists arrested last year, the Times said.
The intervention team was so busy that in June its leader asked a top advisor to Prince Mohammed whether he would give them bonuses for Eid al-Fitr, a major holiday at the end of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
Saudi officials declined to confirm or deny that such a team existed, or answer questions from the Times about its work.
The Saudi embassy in Washington did not immediately respond to an AFP query for comment.
The Rapid Intervention Group was authorized by Prince Mohammed and overseen by Saud al-Qahtani, a royal court insider, American officials told the Times.
US intelligence reports did not specify how involved Prince Mohammed was with the group’s work, but said that the operatives saw Qahtani as a “conduit” to the prince, the report said.
Qahtani has been sacked over Khashoggi’s murder but Saudi authorities have not said if was among those charged.
Five of the accused face the death penalty.


Artikel ini hanyalah simpanan cache dari url asal penulis yang berkebarangkalian sudah terlalu lama atau sudah dibuang :

https://www.malaysia-today.net/2019/03/18/saudi-crown-prince-approved-intervention-against-dissidents-nyt/

Kempen Promosi dan Iklan
Kami memerlukan jasa baik anda untuk menyokong kempen pengiklanan dalam website kami. Serba sedikit anda telah membantu kami untuk mengekalkan servis percuma aggregating ini kepada semua.

Anda juga boleh memberikan sumbangan anda kepada kami dengan menghubungi kami di sini
Backlash Against Women S Day March Distracts From Key Demands

Backlash Against Women S Day March Distracts From Key Demands

papar berkaitan - pada 10/3/2019 - jumlah : 322 hits
Organisers of yesterday s International Women s Day march have restated their five key demands amid the backlash over the presence of LGBT participants in the demonstration Contrary to the moral panic instigated by the media and amplified b...
Deputy Minister Man Who Insulted Islam Can Appeal Against 10 Year Jail Term

Deputy Minister Man Who Insulted Islam Can Appeal Against 10 Year Jail Term

papar berkaitan - pada 10/3/2019 - jumlah : 324 hits
A man sentenced to 10 years in jail for insulting Islam and Prophet Muhammad can appeal for a lighter sentence said de facto deputy law minister Hanipa Maidin The convicted offender can always file an appeal challenging the sentence if he o...
Nutp Calls For Law Against Anti Vaxxer Parents

Nutp Calls For Law Against Anti Vaxxer Parents

papar berkaitan - pada 9/3/2019 - jumlah : 341 hits
AFP pic PETALING JAYA A teachers union has called for a law to hold parents responsible if they do not vaccinate their children as the debate over compulsory vaccination continues The courts should take action against those who do not vacci...
Dutch Model S Family Files Revision Against Misadventure Ruling

Dutch Model S Family Files Revision Against Misadventure Ruling

papar berkaitan - pada 11/3/2019 - jumlah : 309 hits
The family of late model Ivana Esther Robert Smit today filed an application to overturn the Coroner s Court ruling that a misadventure had caused her death The revision application under Section 323 of the Criminal Procedure Code was filed...
Minister Mulls Taking Action Against News Portals Over Readers Comments

Minister Mulls Taking Action Against News Portals Over Readers Comments

papar berkaitan - pada 11/3/2019 - jumlah : 257 hits
Communication and Multimedia Minister Gobind Singh Deo is mulling the need to take action against operators of news portals who allow their readers to post comments which touch on racial and religious sensitivities as well as the royal inst...
Johor Sultan Wants Stern Action Against Chemical Dumping Culprits

Johor Sultan Wants Stern Action Against Chemical Dumping Culprits

papar berkaitan - pada 13/3/2019 - jumlah : 324 hits
JOHOR BARU Sultan Ibrahim Ibni Almarhum Sultan Iskandar wants stern action to be taken against those responsible for the chemical pollution in Sg Kim Kim in Pasir Gudang Sultan Ibrahim was enraged that the irresponsible act had caused hundr...
Yesterday S Vote Of No Confidence Against Mahathir Abandoned Last Minute

Yesterday S Vote Of No Confidence Against Mahathir Abandoned Last Minute

papar berkaitan - pada 13/3/2019 - jumlah : 286 hits
I have said this before and I will say it again No one is going to become Prime Minister unless Bukit Aman allows it It was Bukit Aman who sent Anwar to jail in 1998 It was Bukit Aman who ousted Tun Abdullah Ahmad Badawi in 2009 It was Buki...
Vote Of No Confidence Against Dr Mahathir Called Off

Vote Of No Confidence Against Dr Mahathir Called Off

papar berkaitan - pada 12/3/2019 - jumlah : 302 hits
Economic Affairs Minister Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali today brushed aside talk of a vote of no confidence against Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad and said the ruling Pakatan Harapan coalition strongly backs the Prime Minister The PKR deputy presid...
Rush Hour Protest At Tanjung Tokong Against Land Reclamation Mega Highways

Rush Hour Protest At Tanjung Tokong Against Land Reclamation Mega Highways

papar berkaitan - pada 9/3/2019 - jumlah : 352 hits
Motorists in rush hour traffic this evening from 5 30 to 6 15 had something else to chew on a protest by a multi ethnic group of Penang residents concerned about plans for massive land reclamation and mega highways which will degrade the en...
What We Know So Far About The Putra Heights Inferno

Affected Residents Tend To See Putra Heights Gas Pipeline Tragedy As A Waiting To Happen Man Made Disaster

Wanita Maut Ditikam Suami Di Leher

Zafrul As Bam President Filling Big Shoes Or A Risky Gamble

Raja Muda Selangor Titah Mangsa Kebakaran Ditempat Di Lokasi Lebih Selesa

Eplacement Kkm Tarikh Baru Permohonan 2025

Siasat Terperinci Dijalankan

Ustazah Asma Harun Tegur Wanita Muslim Berjoget Sebelum Ambil Duit Raya Jangan Normalisasikan


echo '';
Info Dan Sinopsis Drama Berepisod Dendam Seorang Madu Slot Tiara Astro Prima

10 Fakta Biodata Amira Othman Yang Digosip Dengan Fattah Amin Penyanyi Lagu Bila Nak Kahwin

5 Tips Macam Mana Nak Ajak Orang Kita Suka Dating Dengan Kita

Info Dan Sinopsis Drama Berepisod Keluarga Itu Slot Lestary TV3

Bolehkah Manusia Transgender Mencapai Klimaks Selepas Bertukar


Naik Kerja Dah

Petai Tua Jering Muda

Rayola Angok Dimato Uda Chord

Latihan Menulis Prasekolah Asas Menulis A Z 1 10

Think Different A Modified Ariel Leader From England

20 Agensi Mula Siasat Kebakaran Paip Gas Putra Heights