Rafoc Fully Supports Objection Of Sulu Sultanate S Claim


 
NSTP file picKUALA LUMPUR: The Retired Armed Forces Officers Association (Rafoc) is standing firmly and in support of the prime minister's objection against the claims by the 'heirs' of Sabah.
In a statement, Rafoc president Leftenan-General (Rtd) Datuk Sri Abdul Aziz Ibrahim said that it should be noted that the participation of Sabah, Sarawak and Singapore to establish the Federation of Malaysia was not done through a 'back door'.

"It was made as a result of a people's referendum through the Lord Reid Commission to ensure that the people in the states concerned indeed intended to be with Malaysia during the establishment of the Federation of Malaysia.
"This is an undeniable statement," he said.
Abdul Aziz added that there was no denying that the history of Sabah's sovereignty was plagued by colonisation and a civil war conflict.
"It ended when the people of Sabah chose to be together during the establishment of the Federation of Malaysia in 1963.
"The harmony and prosperity enjoyed by the people of Sabah since then cannot be threatened by a group of individuals who claim to be the 'heir'.
"We as part of society support prosperity and sovereignty.
"There were even security personnel (including military officers and men) who were killed and injured in defending our sovereignty.
"Rafoc and military veterans have taken a firm stand against attempts to seize the sovereignty illegally, as well as seek financial gain easily as a result of the sweat and blood of those who fought to defend Malaysia's sovereignty," Abdul Aziz said in a statement.
He was responding to Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob who reiterated yesterday that Malaysia would not entertain any claim to Sabah, which had been recognised as part of the federation since Sept 16, 1963, by the United Nations and the international community.
He said the government viewed the issue of the nation's sovereignty seriously, including Sabah's sovereignty and stability.
"The demand by parties claiming to be the descendants of Sultan Sulu against the Malaysian government through an international arbitration is invalid and violates the law.
"This is due to the revocation of arbitrator Dr Gonzalo Stampa's appointment by Madrid High Court on June 29, 2021. Hence making all actions and decisions made by Dr Stampa null and void, including the Final Award issued on Feb 28, 2022," Ismail Sabri had said.
Despite having his appointment revoked, Dr Stampa had dismissed the ruling by Madrid High Court by transferring the arbitration to Paris, France, and pursuing the process where a final award was made, he said.
In ensuring Malaysia's sovereignty and interests remain protected, Ismail Sabri said the government has applied to the court in France to set aside the award on March 3.
This, he said, was to ensure that Final Award could not be enforced by the claimant at any time and in any country so that Malaysia will not pay the US$14.9 billion (RM62.59 billion) compensation as claimed.
Malaysia previously rejected the purported final award of US$14.92 billion to be paid to the so-called heirs of the last Sultan of Sulu, Sultan Jamalul Kiram II, saying that it did not participate in the supposed arbitration proceedings that led to the award.
It had said the claim was based on an 1878 agreement between Sultan Mohamet Jamal Al Alam, the Sultan of Sulu at the time with Baron de Overbeck and Alfred Dent that contained no arbitration agreement.
The Kota Kinabalu High Court had in 2020 ruled that Malaysia was the proper venue to resolve disputes arising from the 1878 Deed of Cession and not the Spanish courts, which do not have authority nor jurisdiction over Malaysia.
Furthermore, there was no binding agreement between the government and the sultan's heirs that compelled either party to submit to arbitration in the event of a dispute, the court ruled. - NST


Artikel ini hanyalah simpanan cache dari url asal penulis yang berkebarangkalian sudah terlalu lama atau sudah dibuang :

http://malaysiansmustknowthetruth.blogspot.com/2022/03/rafoc-fully-supports-objection-of-sulu.html

Kempen Promosi dan Iklan
Kami memerlukan jasa baik anda untuk menyokong kempen pengiklanan dalam website kami. Serba sedikit anda telah membantu kami untuk mengekalkan servis percuma aggregating ini kepada semua.

Anda juga boleh memberikan sumbangan anda kepada kami dengan menghubungi kami di sini
Sulu Sultanate Had Forever Forfeited Claim Over Sabah

Sulu Sultanate Had Forever Forfeited Claim Over Sabah

papar berkaitan - pada 17/3/2022 - jumlah : 259 hits
NSTP file picTHE claims of the heirs of the Sulu Sultanate to Sabah or compensation in lieu of repossession lacks credibility in international law or even on the basis of the agreement signed between Sultan Mohamet Jamal Al Alam with Baron ...
Sulu Claim Arbitrator S Dodgy Award Will Be Challenged Says Minister

Sulu Claim Arbitrator S Dodgy Award Will Be Challenged Says Minister

papar berkaitan - pada 10/3/2022 - jumlah : 188 hits
PARLIAMENT Putrajaya said it will challenge any attempts to enforce the US 14 92 billion final award by a Spanish arbitrator to the Sulu sultanate s purported descendants Law Minister Wan Junaidi Tuanku Jaafar today explained to the Dewan R...
Uk Lawyer Refutes Agc S Claim On Identities Of Sulu Sultan S Heirs

Uk Lawyer Refutes Agc S Claim On Identities Of Sulu Sultan S Heirs

papar berkaitan - pada 10/3/2022 - jumlah : 214 hits
Citing a 2019 letter from former attorney general Tommy Thomas to fellow lawyer Paul Cohen Elisabeth Mason said Thomas correspondence showed that the AGC and the foreign ministry had known and formally recognised the claimants and their rig...
Pay Rm62 59b Sulu Claim Or Damage Malaysia S Trading Nation Position

Pay Rm62 59b Sulu Claim Or Damage Malaysia S Trading Nation Position

papar berkaitan - pada 9/3/2022 - jumlah : 209 hits
Malaysia is obligated as a signatory of the New York Convention to pay the US 14 92 arbitral amount awarded to the Sulu descendants their lawyer contended Counsel Elisabeth Mason from London based 4 5 Gray s Inn Square said that refusal to ...
Sabah Assembly Misses Opportunity To Strengthen Non Recognition Of Sulu Claim

Sabah Assembly Misses Opportunity To Strengthen Non Recognition Of Sulu Claim

papar berkaitan - pada 22/3/2022 - jumlah : 168 hits
Sabah Legislative Assembly missed the opportunity of reinforcing the chief minister s statement of not recognising the claim said Kadamaian assemblyman Datuk Ewon Benedick NSTP OLIVIA MIWILKOTA KINABALU The Sabah Legislative Assembly has mi...
Criminal Complaint Filed Against Spanish Arbitrator Who Awarded Rm62 59bil To Sulu Sultanate Claimants Says Wan Junaidi

Criminal Complaint Filed Against Spanish Arbitrator Who Awarded Rm62 59bil To Sulu Sultanate Claimants Says Wan Junaidi

papar berkaitan - pada 10/3/2022 - jumlah : 205 hits
Photo BernamaKUALA LUMPUR A criminal complaint was filed against the Spanish arbitrator who had recently acted for the defunct Sulu sultanate says Datuk Seri Dr Wan Junaidi Tuanku Jaafar The action comes after the government successfully ob...
Perak Exco Man Ordered To Pay Guan Eng Rm250 000 Over Headscarf Claim

Perak Exco Man Ordered To Pay Guan Eng Rm250 000 Over Headscarf Claim

papar berkaitan - pada 18/3/2022 - jumlah : 227 hits
Lim Guan Eng had sued Razman Zakaria for defamation over a Facebook post on the donning of headscarves by by hotel workers GEORGE TOWN The High Court has ordered a Perak executive councillor to pay Lim Guan Eng RM250 000 in damages and make...
Pua Explains Najib S Afterthought To Speaker Over 1mdb Repayment Claim

Pua Explains Najib S Afterthought To Speaker Over 1mdb Repayment Claim

papar berkaitan - pada 23/3/2022 - jumlah : 209 hits
PARLIAMENT Najib Abdul Razak has informed the Dewan Rakyat speaker Azhar Azizan Harun that 1MDB did pay the principal on loans in 2017 and 2018 The former prime minister claimed that the payments were made through monies generated by the sa...
Warisan Mps Want Parliament To Debate Rm63b Award To Sulu Sultan S Kin

Warisan Mps Want Parliament To Debate Rm63b Award To Sulu Sultan S Kin

papar berkaitan - pada 8/3/2022 - jumlah : 184 hits
PARLIAMENT Warisan MPs are demanding that the Dewan Rakyat accept a debate motion on the US 14 92 billion arbitration award to the descendants of the Sulu sultanate In a joint statement the seven Warisan MPs said the motion by Kota Belud MP...
Tragedi Letupan Challenger Milik Nasa

Buruh Mengaku Salah Culik Kanak Kanak Lelaki Curi Kereta Bapa Mangsa

From Pas Donating Rm100 To Cyberbullying Sim S Adopted Child Is Now Depressed

2025 Raya Mengejut Lagi

Pm Arah Bantuan Koordinasi Diselaras Secara Langsung Dengan Mb Selangor Petronas

Test Image Vertical News Content 2

Resepi Sup Kambing Simple Sedap Guna Pressure Cooker Untuk Cepat Empuk

Rackie Ujan Feat Jecinta Olivia Emperuji Ati Chord


echo '';
Info Dan Sinopsis Drama Berepisod Dendam Seorang Madu Slot Tiara Astro Prima

10 Fakta Biodata Amira Othman Yang Digosip Dengan Fattah Amin Penyanyi Lagu Bila Nak Kahwin

5 Tips Macam Mana Nak Ajak Orang Kita Suka Dating Dengan Kita

Info Dan Sinopsis Drama Berepisod Keluarga Itu Slot Lestary TV3

Bolehkah Manusia Transgender Mencapai Klimaks Selepas Bertukar


Kanak Kanak Jatuh Longkang Rakam Sebagai Bukti Bukan Untuk Tular

Mayat Ratu Cantik Myanmar Ditemukan Di Bawah Runtuhan Kondominium

Minggu Dalam Tinjauan Nintendo Perkenal Switch 2

Kerajaan Nak Pecahkan Monopolis Petronas Dan Gas Malaysia Berhad Kenyataan D

Cinta Sampai Syurga Dewi Harap Jofliam Jadi Pembimbing Amp Pelindung Diri

Ragam Itu Ini Ada Sajalah