Man Badly Hurt In Explosion
In ruins: The interior of the home at Green Garden in Paya Terubong and the surrounding area was badly affected by the blast caused by the gas leak and was covered in debris
GEORGE TOWN: A man sustained 80% burns when a gas leak caused an explosion at Green Garden Apartment in Jalan Paya Terubong
Lee Kok Eang, 62, is now warded at Penang Hospital for injuries to his head, arms, body and feet
The explosion blasted the walls in two bedrooms, living room and the one separating the neighbouring unit
Several units nearby also had shattered windows and cracks appeared on the concrete walls.
Three other family members, including Lee’s daughter-in-law who is seven months pregnant, escaped unhurt during the 8am incident at the 20th floor apartment unit yesterday.
His son Chye Soon, 37, said he and his wife were asleep and their four-year-old son was in one of the bedrooms when the blast jolted them awake.He believed there was a gas leak in the house, adding that the explosion happened when his father had lit a cigarette
“I was startled by a loud explosion while sleeping. I rushed out and saw my father standing in the living room with his body badly burnt, ” he said
George Town OCPD Asst Comm Che Zaimani Che Awang said the explosion was triggered by a liquefied petroleum gas leak in the unit
“Investigation showed that the victim had wanted to light up a cigarette. The explosion was ignited by a spark, ” he said.- Star
Artikel ini hanyalah simpanan cache dari url asal penulis yang berkebarangkalian sudah terlalu lama atau sudah dibuang :