Teen In Botched Circumcision Gets Rm150 000 In Out Of Court Deal




A 19-year-old youth who lost the head of his penis in a botched circumcision procedure when he was aged 10, today received RM150,000 in an out-of-court settlement with a government medical assistant, one of the six defendants he has sued
The teenager's counsel, Mohamad Zainuddin Abu Bakar, said the medical assistant attached to the Kuala Lipis hospital, who was the first defendant in the suit heard in the Kuala Lumpur High Court, agreed to compensate a sum of RM150,000 to his client
“This sum was proposed by the court during discussions for a settlement and we have agreed to it,” he told reporters after case proceedings in the chambers of judge Nik Hasmat Nik Mohamad, who then recorded the out of court settlement decision
Mohamad Zainuddin said the defendant had also asked for the compensation amount to be paid in RM2,500 monthly instalments for a period of five years, but this request was rejected

“The court then fixed Aug 5 to decide on the terms of payment,” he said
In a separate development, Mohamad Zainuddin said case management of his client's notice of appeal against the court’s decision on Feb 20 allowing an application by the government and four others, who were previously the defendants in the suit, to strike out the suit has been fixed on Aug 6 at the Court of Appeal
The four others - the second to fifth defendants - were the medical officer, a director at Kuala Lipis Hospital, a specialist and a director at the Selayang Hospital. The government was the sixth defendant
The man filed the suit on July 19 last year through his mother, claiming that on Dec 13, 2010, at 10 am, the first defendant (medical assistant) had carried out circumcision procedures on two boys, including her son, at a residence in Kuala Lipis, Pahang, with the knowledge and permission of the second and third defendant (KLH medical officer and director, respectively)
She claimed that during the circumcision, the first defendant did not follow the stipulated procedures and cut off her son’s penis’ entire head
The woman claimed that because of the negligence, the head of her son’s penis was severed, adding that the medical assistant attempted to stitch back the severed part, but claimed it was not performed according to procedures
She also claimed that while her son was at KLH, the second defendant did not provide immediate treatment to the boy, as well as failing to inform her and other family members that the entire head of her son’s penis was severed
She alleged that she was only informed that the cut affected her son’s urinary tract and that the second defendant was negligent for not stitching back the severed part of her son’s penis, and also took too long to decide to send her child for immediate treatment at the Selayang Hospital
The plaintiff said her son was sent to Selayang Hospital where surgery was performed to stitch back the severed part, but on the 35th day, she was shocked to find out that her son’s penis was without its glans
She claimed that the fourth defendant (a specialist at Selayang Hospital) had assured her that her son’s penis glans would grow as he got older, but at the age of 17, it did not
She claimed that her son had suffered permanent disability and become a quiet person, and only makes friends with small children
She claimed to have forked out a huge sum for her son’s treatment at Selayang Hospital, including transportation and for legal consultation, amounting to more than RM100,000
She is seeking general and special damages, as well as interest and other costs which the court deems fit
- Bernama

Artikel ini hanyalah simpanan cache dari url asal penulis yang berkebarangkalian sudah terlalu lama atau sudah dibuang :

http://malaysiansmustknowthetruth.blogspot.com/2019/07/teen-in-botched-circumcision-gets.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MalaysiansMustKnowTheTruth+%28Malaysians+Must+K

Kempen Promosi dan Iklan
Kami memerlukan jasa baik anda untuk menyokong kempen pengiklanan dalam website kami. Serba sedikit anda telah membantu kami untuk mengekalkan servis percuma aggregating ini kepada semua.

Anda juga boleh memberikan sumbangan anda kepada kami dengan menghubungi kami di sini
Court Throws Out Haziq S Challenge On Remand Order

Court Throws Out Haziq S Challenge On Remand Order

papar berkaitan - pada 17/7/2019 - jumlah : 124 hits
Ramesh Sivakumar KUALA LUMPUR The High Court here today dismissed a challenge on a remand order by former Santubong PKR Youth chief Haziq Aziz who was arrested on Sunday to assist in investigations into a series of gay sex videos targeted a...
Aset Kayamas Paid Rm200 000 Earnest Money To Kl Mayor Court Told

Aset Kayamas Paid Rm200 000 Earnest Money To Kl Mayor Court Told

papar berkaitan - pada 12/7/2019 - jumlah : 91 hits
The Kuala Lumpur High Court was told today that Aset Kayamas Sdn Bhd paid RM200 000 to the Kuala Lumpur Mayor as an agreement to accept the offer for sale of two plots of Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur land in Bandar Tun Razak DBKL Corporate ...
1mdb Forfeiture Applications Against Umno Hasan Gets Court Date

1mdb Forfeiture Applications Against Umno Hasan Gets Court Date

papar berkaitan - pada 30/7/2019 - jumlah : 101 hits
The Kuala Lumpur High Court today set Aug 29 for case management of the government s forfeiture applications against former Kuala Pilah MP Hasan Malek and three entities to recover monies linked to 1MDB The three entities are Umno Wanita MC...
Frozen Account Court Strikes Out Ex Spy Chief S Bid For Access

Frozen Account Court Strikes Out Ex Spy Chief S Bid For Access

papar berkaitan - pada 13/7/2019 - jumlah : 131 hits
Former government spy chief Hasanah Abdul Hamid today failed in her bid to challenge the constitutionality of the MACC freezing her bank account This followed the Kuala Lumpur High Court allowing an application by government lawyers to stri...
Europcar Don T Miss Out

Europcar Don T Miss Out

papar berkaitan - pada 22/7/2019 - jumlah : 104 hits
Europcar Don t Miss OutEuropcar Winter Move
Malaysia Goes All Out To Woo Us Electronics Giants

Malaysia Goes All Out To Woo Us Electronics Giants

papar berkaitan - pada 23/7/2019 - jumlah : 106 hits
Deputy trade minister Ong Kian Ming in Penang today GEORGE TOWN Malaysia will increase its efforts to take advantage of the US China trade war by persuading US electrical and electronics companies to relocate their supply chain operations t...
Inspirational Ideas Of Dining Room Decor That Are Delightful

Siapa Siffu Azmin

Ppbm Jangan Angkuh Pemuda Umno

Zahid Hormat Keputusan Umno Sabah Isu Pelantikan Ketua Menteri

Nota Iring Untuk Najib

Tanpa Rela Misha Omar Ost Cinta Sekali Lagi

Resepi Muffin Blueberry Gebu Mudah Dan Sedap Sukatan Cawan

Apa Sebenarnya Yang Berlaku Di Sebalik Perlantikan Hajiji Sebagai Ketua Menteri Sabah



Biodata Penyanyi Linda Nanuwil Peserta Gegar Vaganza Musim 7 GV7 2020

Biodata Penyanyi Oja Peserta Gegar Vaganza Musim 7 GV7 2020

Resepi Sultana Scone Paling Mudah

Realiti Sebenar Kerjaya Dalam Bidang Pembangunan Videogame

Senarai Lagu Tugasan Konsert Akhir Big Stage 2020 Minggu 8


Puding Buah Naga

Jangan Melampau Amaran Pemuda Umno Kepada Pemuda Ber

Krisis Penyembuhan Atau Kesan Sampingan

Tnc Uum Keputusan Tangguh Daftar Pelajar Dibuat Lebih Awal

Ahli Parlimen Batu Sapi Dalam Keadaan Koma

Nyahkotak Produk Insta360 One R